Josh's super protein carrot cake with protein icing
- 2 Large carrots (2 cups grated)
- 2 tbsp salted caramel noode protein powder.
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup)
- 2 Tsp flax seed (to make egg substitute, alternatively use egg)
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp all spice
- 5 dates
- drops of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped pecan
- 1 Tbsp vanilla noode protein powder
- vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp soy or otherwise non-dairy milk
- 1 Tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat oven to 180c bake.
- In a mixing bowl; Sift flour, noode protein, spices and baking powder. Stir to combine. Add sugar.
- Add carrots to mixing bowl, mix well and be patient; the flour will draw out the moisture in the carrots.
- Add flax eggs (flax seeds soaked in water 1tsp:1tbsp ratio) or regular eggs. Add oil, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, dates and pecans.
- Pour mixture into cake or small baking dish of your choosing. Cook at 180 for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer poke comes out clean.
- Combine icing ingredients in a bowl (ensure coconut oil is liquid) and whisk well. Wait for cake to cool before pointing on icing. Topped with chopped pecans and a drizzle of maple syrup.
7. This can be kept in the fridge to set icing well or at room temperature. Enjoy!