Keep the winter blues at bay with this healthier twist on a favourite hot dessert - the humble crumble. Packed with fruit, wholegrain oats, no refined sugars and a dash of extra protein, this makes the perfect morning tea, post-workout snack or even breakfast for you sweet-tooths. You could also add a dash of yoghurt or coconut ice cream and make it guilt-free dessert - yum!
- 4-5 apples peeled
- 1 cup of wholegrain oats
- 4 tablespoons of Noode protein powder (we like Gingerbread flavour with this recipe, or Unflavoured is good too!)
- 1/2 cup of dates softened in microwave
- 1 tablespoon of liquid sweetener
- 2 tablespoon of coconut or almond flour
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Sultanas (optional)
Peel and cut up apples into small chunks and place in a pot of water. Boil until soft, drain water, and put aside. Place the rest of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until combined. If the crumble topping is too dry, add some more oil or sweetener. Place the softened apples in an oven proof dish and sprinkle the topping mixture over the top. Bake at 180°c for 15-20 minutes or until the top is nice and golden. Enjoy!